It is so important to have a healthy work-life balance. Some of us find it hard to switch off, even while we’re on holiday.
The reasons for going on holiday is to spend time with loved ones, get some rest and relaxation and take a break from work. A holiday is time to reset your thoughts and not a time to dedicate to work. If you have difficulty switching off, we’d like to share some tips to help you switch off.
Tips for you to switch off!
- Make a commitment to switch off; turn off your phone, leave your device behind if possible.
- Start your holiday with a sense of accomplishment and peace of mind by tying up major loose ends before you leave.
- Make a to-do list of achievable tasks and enjoy ticking them off. This will help you to go on holiday with your mind out of the office.
- Give responsibility to someone else and let go of worrying. That way you are building capacity, both for your work and for yourself.
- If you really must catch up on some work, dedicate a period of the day to it. You must make a choice between relaxing and working, divide your time and be disciplined about it.
- Don’t do two things at once like absentmindedly checking emails on the beach or in restaurants.
Release the pressure
Most of the year you are working, and it comes to a stage where it feels like you are pushing rocks up a steep hill. Holiday time releases the pressure and the answer is clear, travel! To travel is beautiful and amazing; it can enhance your life to feeling happy and content.
Switch off and enjoy new places
The aim of your holiday is to have the time of your life. You have good times back home, but there is nothing like your holiday time. Switch off and enjoy new places, eat great food and meet beautiful people.